How to bleach clean Crypton Contract Fabric.
Do not bleach clean Crypton Home Fabric or furniture.
If you are sure that the fiber type of your Crypton product(s) are 100% solution-dyed polyester or 100% solution-dyed acrylic, then bleach-cleaning is an option when required. If you are not sure of the fiber type of your Crypton product(s) then please contact our Cleaning & Care department or 800.CRYPTON.
With EPA-approved Crypton Disinfectant & Deodorizer there should be no need to subject fabric to the harsh cleaning methods of bleach; however, we know from experience that every facility has preferred cleaners and cleaning practices.
- Before bleach-cleaning, make sure fabric is dry and has been vacuumed, and that the space is ventilated.
- Prepare a 10% bleach solution in water. NOTE: chlorine bleach concentration can vary from manufacturer-to-manufacturer. Please read your bleach product label to determine the correct solution to prepare.
- Test the solution in an inconspicuous location first before applying over the rest of the fabric.
- Apply the cleaning solution using a misting spray bottle. Do NOT oversaturate Crypton Wall when applying the cleaning solution.
- Work the solution into the affected area by lightly scrubbing the area with a sponge or soft bristle brush. Make sure to work from the outside of the stain inward so as not to spread the stain and rinse your sponge or brush frequently.
- Allow cleaning solution to linger for 10 minutes as specified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all bleach residues from the fabric.
- Allow fabric to air dry.