Modern technology meets comfort and sophistication with our flagship Crypton® fabric. Super-soft, easy-to-clean and available in a bunch of beautiful colors and patterns, Crypton fabric has an integrated, impenetrable barrier that means spills, splashes, leaks and dribbles will never seep through to the padding or stuffing. This makes Crypton’s additional protection ideal for households with medical needs, the occasional wet dog, young children, or friends who are simply clumsy with beverages.
Crypton fabric promises and delivers superior performance. With its patented performance technology built into every fiber, Crypton’s impenetrable moisture barrier won’t ever break down its resistance to stains, moisture, mildew, and odors. Crypton is also the only fabric on the market deemed a non-porous surface and can be easily disinfected with our U.S. EPA-approved Crypton Disinfectant & Deodorizer. How’s that for super!
Crypton offers the ultimate in protection from life’s messes. All products and furnishings sold through our Crypton online store are made with our flagship Crypton fabric.
Superior Performance Features
- Extreme stain repellency and soil release make cleaning easy
- Permanent, breathable protection built into every fiber
- Integrated non-porous moisture barrier
- Silver Ion anti-microbial protection offers resistance to odor-causing microbes
- Disinfectable when used in conjunction with our EPA-approved Crypton Disinfectant & Deodorizer
- Passes ACT heavy duty specifications and Wyzenbeek 50,000 (min.) double rubs
- Passes flammability requirements for commercial upholstery
- Processed at our plant in Kings Mountain, NC
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified technology
- Environmentally preferable chemistry
- Closed-loop industrial processes that cycle waste back into production
- 100 percent of fabric scraps recycled into shoddy
- Free of potentially harmful levels of VOCs, PFOS, PFOA, formaldehyde, heavy metals, phenols, phthalates, and skin sensitizers
- No halogenated flame retardants (FRs), no PBDEs
How It's Made
Skilled designers and engineers craft new looks and textures to meet Crypton specifications for durability. Fabrics are pre-tested to ensure all required heavy-duty performance standards can be achieved.
Thousands of yards of approved fabric are delivered to Crypton’s plant in Kings Mountain, NC from our network of licensed US mills.
Bolts of fabric are sewn together and guided onto rollers to advance through the complete immersion bath process, which coats each fiber of fabric with our patented Crypton formula.
Combined with high temperatures, the electronegative and polar-covalent molecules in our formula are activated for maximum repellency of oil- and water-based liquids. During the drying process the water-borne polymer disperses to encapsulate each fiber while crosslinking functional groups permanently bind the chemistry to the fabric.
An impenetrable moisture barrier is integrated to the back of the fabric, imparting hydrostatic and chemical resistance so that liquids cannot pass through. The low glass transition temperature of the networked, polymeric barrier ensures fabric remains soft to the touch.
Fabric goes through our inspection process, where trained staff scrutinizes every inch of fabric coming off the line before separating it into bolts to be sent off to be made into furniture and many other wonderful products.