Top Hollywood celebrities are giving deserving people in their lives stunning home renovations, with Crypton Home fabrics in a supporting role.
Easy Guide to Spot Cleaning Crypton Contract Fabrics
Architects and designers tell us that in their contract projects, one of the most frequent questions from the client side involves not aesthetics, not even facility planning or engineering, but rather maintenance schedules. Specifiers who want to generate repeat business make it their job to build in as many high-performing, low-maintenance design choices as possible. And from high-tech tile to washable paint and stain-resistant fabrics, they are getting better, more beautiful and even greener all the time.
Some people think that of all the finishes in a commercial project, fabrics are the most perishable. This is far from true. In fact, we’ve seen many cases where our fabric has outlasted the furniture itself. The first thing we recommend you tell your clients about Crypton for their peace of mind is to remember the performance attributes of Crypton stay in place for the life of the fabric. They can’t wear off, wash off or rub off, so Crypton never stops performing.
Giving your clients the scoop on keeping their Crypton fabrics performing spotlessly is simple. Most liquids will simply roll off and can easily be blotted with a clean cloth. For spots and stains that linger longer than a second or two, your clients just need to know the simple steps for spot cleaning.
SPOT CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
The spot cleaning method of stain removal can be used for most light to medium stains:
- Before spot-cleaning, blot up liquids on the surface with a clean, soft towel and brush off any loose dirt.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of 1/4 tsp mild enzyme detergent, such as Tide?, Woolite? or Dawn? dishwashing liquid, per 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the affected area using a spray bottle.
- Work the solution into the affected area by lightly scrubbing the area with a sponge or soft-bristle brush. Make sure to work from the outside of the stain inward so as not to spread the stain, and rinse your sponge or brush frequently.
- Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residue, as residue will attract dirt. Blot excess moisture with a clean, soft towel or sponge.
- Repeat steps 3-6 if needed.
- Allow fabric to air-dry.
If you still have questions, or should your clients come to you with a really tough cleaning question, we’re always at the ready. The Crypton Care department is available to provide advice, tips, Crypton cleaning products and complete contract specification support services. Call 800.CRYPTON (2797866) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help between 8 a.m. ? 4 p.m. ET. Chances are we can solve your tough cleaning problem on the spot, as it were.