How to spot clean Crypton fabrics.
Use light steam to remove wrinkles. Do NOT iron. Do NOT dry clean. The use of bleach is NOT recommended. Some stains, such as permanent marker, lipstick and nail polish may not be completely removable.
Most liquids simply roll off of Crypton fabrics, or they can be quickly blotted off the surface with a dry towel or sponge. The spot cleaning method of stain removal can be used for most light to medium stains, such as coffee, red wine, crayon, and ketchup. Be careful to brush lightly since fibers can be broken or matted during the cleaning process.
- Before spot cleaning, blot up liquids on the surface with a clean, soft towel and brush off any loose dirt.
- Prepare a cleaning solution of 1/4 tsp mild, enzyme detergent, such as Tide®, Woolite® or Dawn® dishwashing liquid, per 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Apply the cleaning solution using a misting spray bottle. Do NOT oversaturate when applying the cleaning solution.
- Work the solution into the affected area by lightly scrubbing the area with a sponge or soft bristle brush. Make sure to work from the outside of the stain inward so as not to spread the stain and rinse your sponge or brush frequently.
- Allow cleaning solution to soak into the fabric.
- Rinse thoroughly to remove all soap residues, as residues will attract dirt. Blot excess moisture with a clean, soft towel or sponge.
- Repeat steps 3-6 as needed.
- Allow fabric to air dry.