How to clean denim dye transfer stains from Crypton fabrics.
Dye Transfer Policy.
Denim dye transfer is a growing issue. Dark, rich dyes along with over dyeing of certain clothing, particularly blue jeans, can have a lasting effect on light-colored upholstery furniture. Due to the inability to control what our fabrics are exposed to, Crypton cannot be held responsible for dye transfer.
There’s no bulletproof treatment to prevent denim transfer onto fabric from occurring. However, we have found a way to lessen and, in some cases, eliminate dye transfer stains.
Our recommended cleaning guide for removing denim from Crypton Fabrics:
- After much research, we have found Crypton’s Leather / Vinyl Cleaner to be the best solution for removing demin dye transfer from Crypton Fabrics.
- Another option is isopropyl alcohol – however we have found it is not as effective
- Always test in an inconspicuous area first to make sure the cleaner doesn’t affect the color of the fabric, particularly on natural fibers such as cotton.
- Blot up as much of the stain as possible with clean towel
- Apply a small amount of the Crypton Leather / Vinyl Cleaner to the stained area
- Grab a soft bristle brush (or use your finger) to lightly rub the stained area to lift the stain
- Allow the cleaner to sit for about 5 minutes
- Blot up the stain using a clean towel
- Rinse the fabric with water to remove any residual cleaner
- Allow to air dry
- Repeat as necessary