Crypton® Home Fabric offers the ultimate performance upholstery for brilliant, resilient interiors. Utilizing the same “repel and release” technology as Crypton Fabric, Crypton Home is tailored for use in residential applications. Every fiber of Crypton Home Fabric is encapsulated with our performance technology through an immersion process, so it never breaks down its extreme resistance to stains, moisture, and odors.
Soft, beautiful, pliable and easy-to-clean, Crypton Home is the perfect solution for homes with kids, pets, messy adults and those who love to entertain. Available in a wide variety of fibers, colors, textures and patterns, Crypton Home allows design lovers with a busy lifestyle to design with confidence, light and bright, knowing their investment will last beautifully.
With more than 23 years of proven success in the science of fabrics and stains, feel good knowing you can trust a product’s promises. Constantly innovating, leading the performance fabric movement, Crypton Home is now available at notable fabric distributors and graded-in through over 50 furniture manufacturers (pdf).
Superior Performance Features
- Built-in stain repellency and soil release make cleaning easy – releases both oil and water based stains
- Sealed into every fiber for the life of the fabric
- Technology resists the growth of odor-causing microbes
- Wide variety of fibers, textures, colors and patterns
- Formula customized to perform consistently across all fibers
- Trusted and proven – 23+ years of proven success in the science of fabric and stains
- GREENGUARD Gold Certified technology
- Environmentally preferable chemistry
- Easy care – requires no harsh cleaners
- Closed-loop industrial processes that cycle waste back into production
- 100 percent of fabric scraps recycled into shoddy
- Free of potentially harmful levels of VOCs, PFOS, PFOA, formaldehyde, heavy metals, phenols, phthalates, and skin sensitizers
- No halogenated flame retardants (FRs), no PBDEs
- Passes Cal 117 with no FR additives (see Tech Specs for details)
- Contributes to the LEED-CI credit for Low-Emitting Materials
- Renewable energy and carbon offset credits
- Research and development, formulations and processing in the US, abiding by strict US standards
- Processed in North Carolina at SCS Validated Facilities, meeting prerequisites and points in the ANSI/NSF336 Facts standard.
Crypton Fabrics are held to extremely high performance standards. For detailed information about our minimum performance specifications, download the Crypton HOME Technical Specifications (pdf).
How It's Made
Skilled designers and engineers craft new looks and textures to meet Crypton specifications for durability. Fabrics are pre-tested to ensure all required heavy-duty performance standards can be achieved.
Thousands of yards of approved fabric are delivered to Crypton’s plant in Kings Mountain, NC from our network of licensed US mills.
Bolts of fabric are sewn together and guided onto rollers to advance through the complete immersion bath process, which coats each fiber of fabric with our patented Crypton formula.
Combined with high temperatures, the electronegative and polar-covalent molecules in our formula are activated for maximum repellency of oil- and water-based liquids. During the drying process the water-borne polymer disperses to encapsulate each fiber while crosslinking functional groups permanently bind the chemistry to the fabric.
Fabric goes through our inspection process, where trained staff scrutinizes every inch of fabric coming off the line before separating it into bolts to be sent off to our many distributors…